Career Exploration and Mentorship for Geographers
Reflect on past experiences and identify your skills and strengths to find your path forward in geography. Alumni mentorship and career exploration activities help students develop resilience and build community while making connections between college and career.
- Envision a pathway from college to career.
- Create meaningful connections with fellow students, alumni, faculty and staff in the Department of Geography.
- Understand how the study of geography is beneficial to your academic and professional goals.
- Recognize and learn from experiences that feel like failures.
- Identify academic problems, challenges and significant questions as they arise.
This course meets at 3:30-4:50 PM every other Thursday, beginning September 26. The course requires attendance at one mandatory event outside of the usual class time, on Thursday, November 21, 5:30-8:00 PM.