Critical Resources & Coronavirus Safety Updates
Please visit our Critical Resources page for the latest information we have to share as well as resources to support you in your wellbeing.
Staying safe & healthy: Face coverings are recommended indoors (in locations where they are not required) per the University’s COVID-19 Face Covering Policy. Masks should be well fitted and high quality, such as N95, KN95, KF94 and surgical masks. These types of masks protect the wearer better than a cloth face covering and we will continue to make them available at no cost on each campus during the coming quarters.
If you’re sick, or develop COVID-19 related symptoms, stay home and follow the UW COVID-19 public health flowchart.
Advising Hours Autumn 2023
- The Geography Advising Office in Smith Hall is open, however all advising appointments must be scheduled in advance. Remote & In-Person advising appointments are available through the "Request an Appointment" link below.
- Drop-In Advising is on Mondays on Zoom, 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM
- Note that Drop-In Advising on Monday, October 30, takes place 10:30 AM-12:15 PM Pacific Time.
- Online appointments are offered through Zoom Video Conferencing. Phone or Google Meet appointments may also be available upon request.
- Email always works and it is helpful for us if you'll please include your UW Student ID number in the body of your email (not the subject line)! Please be sure to check your UW email account regularly and pay attention to your SPAM/junk mail folders.
Services include, but are not limited to, the following:
|Academic advising||Graduate school applications|
|Course planning||Reinstatement petitions|
|Degree progress auditing||Career planning|
|Curriculum forecasting||Resume and cover-letter help|
|Registration||Study Abroad opportunities & equivalency forms|
|Graduation applications||Financial aid & other progress forms|
|Graduation petitions||Change of major & minor forms|
Want to declare the geography major? Visit Declare the Geography Major for step-by-step instructions!
Smith Hall 415 (map)
University of Washington
Seattle, Washington 98195-3560