Spring 2020 Advising Updates
Please visit our Spring 2020 Advising Updates page for the latest information we have to share as well as resources to help you in this uncertain and challenging time. With the move to remote instruction for spring quarter 2020, we will continue to update this page with information that is specific to the Department of Geography's students and courses.
Advising Hours Spring 2020
- The Geography Advising Office in Smith Hall is closed until further notice.
- Remote advising appointments are available by request on:
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM
- Tuesday and Thursday, 12:00 to 2:00 PM
- Please scroll to the bottom of the page to request an advising appointment.
- Online appointments are offered through Zoom Video Conferencing
- Phone or Google Meet/Hangout appointments may also be available
- Email always works! Please be sure to check your UW email account regularly and pay attention to your SPAM/junk mail folders.
- Additional advising appointments may be requested according to adviser availability.
Services include, but are not limited to, the following:
|Academic advising||Graduate school applications|
|Course planning||Reinstatement petitions|
|Degree progress auditing||Career planning|
|Curriculum forecasting||Resume and cover-letter help|
|Registration||Study Abroad opportunities & equivalency forms|
|Graduation applications||Financial aid & other progress forms|
|Graduation petitions||Change of major & minor forms|
Want to declare the geography major? Visit Declare the Geography Major for step-by-step instructions!
Smith Hall 415 (map)
University of Washington
Seattle, Washington 98195-3560