Please visit our Critical Resources page for the latest information we have to share as well as resources to help you in this uncertain and challenging time. With the move to remote instruction, we will continue to update this page with information that is specific to the Department of Geography's students and courses.
Advising Hours Spring 2021
- The Geography Advising Office in Smith Hall is closed until further notice.
- Drop-In Advising for quick questions & concerns (~15 minutes or less) via Zoom on Mondays, 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM Pacific Time.
- Remote advising appointments are available through the "Request an Appointment Online" link below.
- Online appointments are offered through Zoom Video Conferencing; Phone or Google Meet appointments may also be available.
- Email always works and it is helpful for us if you'll please include your UW Student ID number in the body of your email (not the subject line)! Please be sure to check your UW email account regularly and pay attention to your SPAM/junk mail folders.
Services include, but are not limited to, the following:
|Academic advising||Graduate school applications|
|Course planning||Reinstatement petitions|
|Degree progress auditing||Career planning|
|Curriculum forecasting||Resume and cover-letter help|
|Registration||Study Abroad opportunities & equivalency forms|
|Graduation applications||Financial aid & other progress forms|
|Graduation petitions||Change of major & minor forms|
Want to declare the geography major? Visit Declare the Geography Major for step-by-step instructions!
*Office closed until further notice*
Smith Hall 415 (map)
University of Washington
Seattle, Washington 98195-3560