The Department of Geography is located on the fourth floor of Smith Hall (map), on the main University of Washington campus in Seattle.
Main Office Hours
Monday to Thursday: 8:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.; 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. (Closed 12:15 p.m. to 1 p.m. for lunch).
Friday: 8:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.; 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. (closed 12:15 p.m. to 1 p.m. for lunch).
Department of Geography
University of Washington
Smith Hall 408 A, Box 353550
Seattle, WA 98195-3550
Telephone: (206) 543-5843
Fax: (206) 543-3313
Department Chair and Staff
Department Chair: Sarah Elwood
Department Administrator: Lindsay Cael
- Payroll and Human Resources
- Budget and Strategic Planning
- Policy and Procedures
Director of Academic Services: Nell Gross
- Degree planning and registration
- Career counseling
- M.A. and Ph.D. program admissions
- Graduate School policies and procedures
- Teaching Assistant assignments and evaluations
- Time Schedule and department classroom reservations
- Curriculum proposals and changes
Fiscal Specialist: Parwati Martin
- Budget reconciliation, travel and non-travel reimbursements, and student award payments
- Purchasing, Pro-cards, and office supplies
- Workday coordination (including I-9 questions)
- Facilities requests, including key orders and distribution
IT Systems Supervisor: Lisa Sturdivant
- Please send all IT-related requests to firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also contact us by filling out the form below.