Geography Labs and Offices
For workstation problems in Geography offices, seminar room (409), and computer labs (401, 415), please send the following information to email@example.com:
- Workstation name (see the label on the front or right side of the PC)
- If the user is receiving an error message, include the exact error message received and what specifically the user was trying to do when the error occurred.
- If the PC is experiencing a hardware issue, please describe the exact behavior or problem.
- All computer labs in Geography are accessed using your UW NetID. If you’ve forgotten your password, please contact UW-IT for assistance. All other issues should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
General Assignment Classrooms
Contact the Academic Technologies Helpdesk for questions or support with equipment in non-Geography classrooms.
Help with Personally-Owned Computers
Department support is not available for non-UW owned hardware. Students may get help with basic technical questions at the Computer Vet located on the second floor of Odegaard Undergraduate Library.
Students may also check out computers and other technology from the Student Technology Loan Program.
Other UW Resources
- Google Apps
- Microsoft Exchange
- Software Resources
- UW Student Technology Loan Program: for STUDENTS ONLY.
- Center for Studies in Demography and Ecology (CSDE): Data and remote computing resources.
- Center for Social Science Computation and Research (CSSCR): Data, labs, training, and statistical consulting.