These instructions are intended to help you plan courses to complete your geography major. Please know you do not have to do this on your own! All prospective and current UW students are welcome to reach out to a Department of Geography adviser with questions or to arrange an advising appointment.
Familiarize Yourself with Degree Planning Resources
- Do you know the requirements of your geography major option? Visit Degree Options to select your geography major option and review all of the requirements.
- Have you reviewed your Degree Audit in your MyPlan? For help, check out this detailed webpage from UW-IT about the Degree Audit Reporting System (DARS). Remember to click the yellow "Refresh Audit" button at the top of the page each time you review your Degree Audit in MyPlan!
- Wondering which geography course counts for which track? Visit Department of Geography Courses by Track.
- Each quarter, the Time Schedule is published and available in MyPlan approximately 3 weeks prior to the start of Registration Period I.
- Visit the UW Academic Calendar to find the start of each registration period, called "Registration Deadline."
- While you are waiting for each quarter's Time Schedule to become available in MyPlan, visit the Department of Geography Three Quarter Planner.
- Want a quick view of all the GEOG courses with their quarterly schedules and links to instructor bios? Visit Department of Geography Upcoming Courses.
Use MyPlan to Plan Your Academic Year
- Visit the Student Systems Help Center for an overview video and quick guides to help you search for courses in MyPlan and add them to your academic year plan.
- Did your adviser make course recommendations for you in your MyPlan? Click on each course title to visit the Course Details page and decide whether to add the course to your plan. Note: you must "share" your MyPlan in order for advisers to review it and make course recommendations. You can check whether your MyPlan is shared or private by going to the top right of the screen and clicking on your UW NetID, which will open the MyPlan settings. This includes an options to make your MyPlan shareable or private only to yourself.
- Audit your plan in MyPlan. Instructions to audit your plan are available in the MyPlan FAQ.