We seek to foster an inclusive and reflexive community by actively working against intentional and unintentional exclusionary practices.
Our work on diversity and community encompasses intersecting dimensions of difference (gender, class, race, disability, religion, sexual orientation) and values how we do our work as much as what work we do.
The Diversity and Inclusivity Committee, consisting of faculty and graduate student members coordinates our department’s work toward these goals. We regularly organize and facilitate events for around strengthening departmental diversity and inclusivity. We welcome involvement and input. Please email <firstname.lastname@example.org> with questions about the committee and its work.
Resources from the Committee
- Diversity and Community Committee Year End Report 2015
- Diversity and Community Committee Year End Report 2014
- Diversity and Community Committee Year End Report 2013
- Diversity and Community Committee Year End Report 2012
- Best Practices for Building Ethical Pedagogies
- Creating Safe Spaces for Learning (practices developed at Fall 2013 workshop)
- Suggested Reading on Race, Inclusion, and Geography
- Resources for Teaching
- Campus Resources
- Other Resources