Ph.D., Geography, Minnesota, 2012
M.A., Geography, Minnesota, 2006
B.S., Physics, Duke, 2002
- Bergmann, L. and D. O'Sullivan. "Reimagining GIScience for relational spaces." The Canadian Geographer.
- Bergmann, L. (2017) "Towards economic geographies beyond the Nature-Society divide," Geoforum 85: 324-335.
- Wallace, Robert G., Luke Bergmann, Richard Kock, Marius Gilbert, Lenny Hogerwerf, Rodrick Wallace, and Mollie Holmberg. "The dawn of Structural One Health: A new science tracking disease emergence along circuits of capital." Social science & medicine 129 (2015): 68-77.
- Bergmann, Luke. "Bound by chains of carbon: ecological–economic geographies of globalization." Annals of the Association of American Geographers 103, no. 6 (2013): 1348-1370.
- Bergmann, Luke. "A Coevolutionary Approach to the Capitalist Space Economy." Environment and Planning A 44, no. 3 (2012): 518-37.
- Models, Maps and the Making of Global Health
- Lenny Hogerwerf, Robert G. Wallace, Ottaviani, Jan Slingenbergh, Daniela Prosser, Luke Bergmann, and M. Gilbert. "Persistence of Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza H5N1 Virus Defined by Agro-Ecological Niche." EcoHealth 7, no. 2 (2010): 213-25.
- Bergmann, Luke, Eric Sheppard, and Paul S. Plummer. "Capitalism beyond harmonious equilibrium: mathematics as if human agency mattered."Environment and planning. A 41, no. 2 (2009): 265.
Research Advised: Graduate Dissertations
Research Advised: Publications Essays, Articles, and Book Chapters
- Geographers to host mapping hackathon - April 3, 2018
- Revisiting Critical GIS' workshop was a success! - October 21, 2014
- UW Geography Story Published by UW Today - May 7, 2014
- Climate Change, Global Health and the Inequalities of Risk - April 14, 2014
- Congratulations to Our Mary Gates Scholars! - April 2, 2014
- UW Student Mollie Holmberg to Present Congress with Research on 'Understanding Patterns of Human Dependence on Agruclture and Forest Production in the Anthropocene' - February 11, 2014