You are here
- Fellowship awarded to Geography Department Grads (February 27, 2017)
- Prof. Michael Brown and his art featured on Faculty Friday! (November 24, 2015)
- Michael Brown Interviewed by KPLU on Same-Sex Households (October 1, 2013)
Events about "Queer Studies"
- Zhao, B. 2022. Humanistic GIS: Towards a Research Agenda. Annals of the American Association of Geographers. doi: 10.1080/24694452.2021.2004875
- McElroy, Erin. “Corruption, Șmecherie, and Siliconization: Retrospective and Speculative Technoculture in Postsocialist Romania.” Catalyst: Feminism, Theory, Technoscience 6, no. 2 (November 7, 2020): 1–26.
- McElroy, Erin. “Digital Nomads and Settler Desires: Racial Fantasies of Silicon Valley Imperialism.” Imaginations: Journal of Cross-Cultural Image Studies 10, no. 1 (July 25, 2019): 215–49.
- Sandoval, Edgar, Julian Barr, and David J. Roberts. 2019. “There Are Different Ways of Being Strong: Steven Universe and Developing a Caring Superhero Masculinity.” In Superheroes and Masculinity: Unmasking the Gender Performance of Heroism, edited by Sean Parson and J.L. Schatz. Washington, DC: Lexington Books.
- Sandoval, Edgar. 2019. “Examining the Everyday for Immigration Politics.” Society & Space: Essays and Features, January. http://societyandspace.org/2019/01/23/examining-the-everyday-for-immigration-politics/.
- Sandoval, Edgar. 2018. “More than Violence: UndocuQueers’ Narratives of Disidentification and World-Making in Seattle, Washington, USA.” Gender, Place & Culture 25 (12): 1759–80. https://doi.org/10.1080/0966369X.2018.1558179
- 2018. Elwood, S. and Leszczynski, A. Feminist Digital Geographies. Gender, Place and Culture. https://doi.org/10.1080/0966369X.2018.1465396
- Brown, Michael, and Larry Knopp. "The Birth of the (gay) Clinic." Health & Place 28 (2014): 99-108.
- Brown, Michael. "Gender and Sexuality II." Progress in Human Geography 38, no. 3, 457-65.
- Brown, Michael. "Gender and Sexuality I." Progress in Human Geography 36, no. 4, 541-50.
- Mitchell, K. 2011. Cultural geographies, in M. Brown and R. Morrill eds., Seattle Geographies. Seattle, University of Washington Press, pp. 165-182. With geography honors students.
- Knopp, Larry, and Michael Brown. "Queer diffusions." Environment and Planning D 21, no. 4 (2003): 409-424.
- Kim England (1994) “Getting Personal: Reflexivity, Positionality and Feminist Research,” The Professional Geographer, 46(1): 80-89
- Knopp, L.; Brown, M.; McKeithen, W. 2018 Urban politics as the unfolding of social relations in place: The case of sexually transmitted disease investigation in Mid-Twentieth Century Gay Seattle, International Journal of Urban and Regional Research doi:10.1111.1468-2427.12609