You are here
- Announcing the Pacific Northwest Geodesign Forum: 7 May 2014, 8am - 4pm (April 22, 2014)
- Climate Change, Global Health and the Inequalities of Risk (April 14, 2014)
- UW Student Mollie Holmberg to Present Congress with Research on 'Understanding Patterns of Human Dependence on Agruclture and Forest Production in the Anthropocene' (February 11, 2014)
- Geography Undergrad Sam Nowak Selected for NSF Summer Research Experience (May 8, 2012)
- Geography Undergraduates Win Academic Honors (March 14, 2012)
Events about "Sustainability"
- Martin, Jeff V; Epstein, Katie; Anderson, Robert M; and Charnley, Susan. (2021) “Coexistence praxis: the role of resource managers in wolf-livestock interactions on public lands.” Frontiers in Conservation Science. doi: 10.3389/fcosc.2021.707068
- Anderson, Robert M. (2021) “Killing for the common good? The (bio)politics of wolf management in Washington State.” Elementa: Science of the Anthropocene, 9(1): 00179. doi: 10.1525/elementa.2020.00179
- Sun, Y., Ma, A., Su, H., Su, S., Chen, F., Wang, W., Weng, M., 2020. Does the establishment of development zones really improve industrial land use efficiency? Implications for China’s high-quality development policy. Land Use Policy, 104265.
- Cox, Christopher R. “In the Interior of Capital’s Exterminism.” Capitalism Nature Socialism 31, no. 2 (April 2, 2020): 129–32. https://doi.org/10.1080/10455752.2020.1732521.
- Sun, Y., Li, J., Jin, X., Xiao, H., He, Z., Su, S., Weng, M., 2019. Intra-urban excessive alcohol drinking: Geographic disparities, associated neighborhood characteristics and implications for healthy city planning. Sustainable Cities and Society, 46, 101414.
- Cleasby, E. (2019). Talking About Tiny Houses. Re:Think - a Journal of Creative Ethnography, 2(1), 2-7.
- Biermann, C., and R. Anderson. 2017. Conservation, biopolitics, and the governance of life and death. Geography Compass, 11(10).
- Bergmann, L. (2017) "Towards economic geographies beyond the Nature-Society divide," Geoforum 85: 324-335.
- Srinivas Chokkakula, PhD, The Political Geographies of Interstate Water Disputes in India
- Nyerges, Timothy, Mary Roderick, Steven Prager, David Bennett, and Nina Lam. "Foundations of Sustainability Information Representation Theory: Spatial–temporal Dynamics of Sustainable Systems."International Journal of Geographical Information Science 28, no. 5 (2014): 1165-185.
- Biermann, Christine, and Becky Mansfield. "Biodiversity, purity, and death: conservation biology as biopolitics." Environment and Planning D: Society and Space 32.2 (2014): 257-273.
- Cox, C. (2014). Huber, Matthew T. 2013. Lifeblood: Oil, Freedom, and the Forces of Capital. Environment and Society, 5, 147.
- Jarosz, Lucy. "Comparing food security and food sovereignty discourses." Dialogues in Human Geography 4, no. 2 (2014): 168-181.
- Biermann, Christine, Whitney Snyder, and Shane Dehn. "Big Business, Small Towns, and the Family [wind] Farm: Social Dimensions of Wind Energy Conflict in Western New York." Pennsylvania Geographer50, no. 1-2 (2012): 82-105.
- Ybarra, M, Obando Samos, O, Grandia, L and Schwartz, NB (2012) Tierra, Migración y Vida en Petén, 1999-2009. Guatemala City: CONGCOOP-IDEAR
- T. Nyerges and Piotr Jankowski, 2010. Regional and Urban GIS: A Decision Support Approach, Guilford Publications, New York, textbook 14 chapters.
- Jarosz, Lucy. "The city in the country: Growing alternative food networks in Metropolitan areas." Journal of Rural Studies 24, no. 3 (2008): 231-244.
- Jackson Zimmerman, PhD, Re-Mapping Transborder Environmental Governance: Sovereign Territory and the Pacific Salmon Treaty
- Jarosz, Lucy. "Understanding agri-food networks as social relations."Agriculture and human values 17, no. 3 (2000): 279-283.
- Lave, R., C. Biermann, and S. Lane. 2018. Handbook of Critical Physical Geography. Palgrave Macmillan: London.